Green Beans from the Farmer's Market
These bags work great when you are short on time
Store bought vs. Homemade! Which one would you rather eat?
Frozen green beans
Making your own baby food is very easy. It's wonderful because you can buy fresh ingredients and know exactly what you are giving your little one. Why not offer your baby yummy homemade baby food? Not only is it healthy but really inexpensive. For instance I was at Sam's Club and bought 6 mangoes for $4. I made 28 servings of baby food. You can't beat that!
- Go to your local Farmer's Market and buy fruits and veggies that are in season
- Wash the fruit or veggies
- VEGGIES-Put the veggies in a Glad Steam Fresh Bag (I use this when I am short on time)
- FRUIT-I cut in half and place open face (skin on) down in 1 inch of water. I bake at 400 until soft.
- Put in blender (I leave the skin on the fruit)
- Let cool in the refrigerator (I do this because I am afraid of BPA. If you don't mind this you can pour into ice cube trays right from the blender)
- Pour into ice cube trays
- Let the food freeze 2-3 hours
- Take the food out and put food into labeled zip lock bags.
I love to get recipes and ideas from here