Monday, September 7, 2009

Plums made easy

One of my mom's friends has a plum tree. My mom asked if I wanted some plums. I was happy to take some Minnesota grown plums. Here is how I made them into baby food for little G.

1. Wash the plums really well. I was going to leave the skin on so this is very important
2. Cut the plums in half and take the pit out

3.  Place the plums face down in 1 inch of water. Bake at 400 degrees until soft. 
5.  Here they are 30 minutes later. The house smelled really good. 
6.  Here are the plums ready to be made into puree
7.  This after 1 minute of blending. You can still see the skin.
8.  After 5 minutes in the blender the plums are ready to cool and freeze.
9.  Going into the freezer
10.  This is what the cubes look like once they are frozen.
Now go and make some baby food!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment