Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bread! You can do it!

I love to cook, bake, craft you name it. The one thing that always failed though was bread. I had tried to make it a handful of times and it never worked. I watched a ton of youtube videos and even then...fail. Well, I came across this recipe and thought I would give baking bread one last try. I mean, why not? I was used to failing. I could do a tutorial but hey, it's already been done! woohoo. Here is a link to the recipe AND a tutorial, what a bonus.


We have not bought bread in months. This is all we eat. I make two loaves each week. One loaf is sweet and the other one is for sandwiches and things. You can add anything to this bread. The sky is the limit. I have added cinnamon, sugar, cranberries, walnuts, ugh the list could go on and on. I also use 1/4 whole wheat flour, 2/4 unbleached flour and 1/4 regular white all purpose flour.

Last week I started the bread, went to the gym and then did not have time to bake it. I stuck the bowl in the fridge and figured I would get to it later. Well, 2.5 days later I got to it. I let the bowl sit out for 40ish minutes and then made the loaves. Guess what? It still turned out. This stuff is ahhhhmazing. Give it a try and let me know what you think. I am in love and will never buy bread again!

No comments:

Post a Comment