Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Diary of a stay at home mom!

What do stay at home moms do all day? I guess the question is what don't we do. Here goes our schedule. Hang on for the ride.

It all starts the night before. I get ready for the next day. If I wait until the day of I find myself an absolute mess. Here goes.

7:00 pm or earlier ~ I pick out the kids clothes for the next day. I lay out everything...even socks and underwear/diaper

9:00 pm~I take a shower and lay out my clothes for the following day.

7:00 am~Wake up get dressed, make up and hair done. My job is taking care of my children, right? Well then I need to get ready for my job. If I were still teaching I would wake up early and get dressed for my job. I put an importance on getting ready for my job every morning. Some days I put my gym clothes right away. Other days I dress for success. Even if it means getting covered in paint or play dough.

7:30~kids are up and ready to go

8:30~Breakfast is served. I make and freeze egg bakes, waffles, pancakes and other breakfast foods on the weekends. By making and freezing I save a ton of time on the weekdays. During breakfast we do "calendar" we talk about the day of the week, month, weather, and count.

9:00~most days we have classes from 9ish to 12ish. I love our early childhood classes. They are so much fun. We also enjoy going to a mom's group at our church.

9:00-11:30 on the days we are not in class. We play sports in the basement. Work on letter and number puzzles, stack blocks, play with Lego's, sort shapes, paint, play with play dough, bake, sing, dance, play trains, sort and play with animals, and so much more!

11:30 to 12:30 lunch and get ready for naps

12:30 I love naps! ahhh it's time for a mommy break. I normally take it easy during this time. Before I sit down to relax I set the table for dinner and prep any food that may take some extra time to prepare for dinner.

3:00 the troops are up and ready to go. We have snack and get ready to hit the gym

4:30 we are at the gym and ready to work out, swim, or go to swimming lessons. We are normally there for 2 hours.

6:30 I finish making dinner and have the food ready to go by 6:45.

7:30 baths, brush teeth, read books, and hit the hay.

Both kids are normally asleep by 8:00. I pick up the house and get ready for the next day.

Okay followers, what do you do? What does your day look like? What kinds of activities do you do with your kids during the day? I want to hear all about it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say I really like your outlook on getting ready for the day the same as you would for any other job. I am so guilty of lounging in sweats or pjs on most days.

I also love the idea of preparing breakfast foods on the weekends to save time on the weekdays. We are a mostly cereal family just because my little ones don't like to wait the time it takes to make stuff in the morning. I will have to try this!

Sorry, I know you wanted to hear what we do but I had to comment on the things I liked about your schedule:)

Alanna Isaacs said...

Thanks! There are days where staying in my PJs sounds good. On those days I do just that! But those days don't happen often. I feel so much more alive when I am dressed and feel human. hehe

The kids are sleeping in today. What a strange feeling.

Lindsay said...

I have a little surprise for you on my blog :-)

FuturePlanning said...

I just found your blog, and I love it. I love your outlook on being a SAHM. It rocks!

Post a Comment