Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mail, mail go away...come again another day!


After being fed up with counter clutter I came up with an easy solution....clip boards. I don't know about you but my counters were always cluttered with bills, catalogs, coupons, and more. I found an easy way to organize my families clutter.
 I went to office max and bought 4 standard size clip boards for under $2.00 each. and 2 mini clip boards for under $1.00. I searched through my scrapbook paper and found some paper that matched my window treatments. I also found some Mod Podge
I cut the paper to the size of the clip boards, brushed on a generous amount of Mod Podge and the clip boards were ready to be hung up.
I chose to put mine in the laundry room which is just off of our mudroom. 
The clip boards hold the following. 
  • Family Calendar
  • Coupons
  • Kid's Schedule
  • Bills
  • Stamps
I love how they turned out. We no longer have cluttered counters. I am one happy mommy!

Before the boards get covered with our clutter
Organized!
I love the mini boards. Below the mini board is a canvas that Big G painted for me.
Close up of the big boards
More of the big boards
Close up of the mini board.

A friend of mine posted a great tutorial about organizing homework clutter. Check it out. She is also doing a giveaway this week for a wetbag...woohoo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! I could freaking kiss you. I am doing this THIS weekend!!! Did you see what I did to keep the kids' homework mess off my kitchen table? It saved their lives!

Alanna Isaacs said...

yes, I wanted to make those chair things for my classroom. But never did :-( Can I add a link to them?

Post a Comment