Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fun Project!


A local store was having a huge sale on Thank You cards. I picked up a couple of packages. Each package contained 12 cards. I was not sure what I was going to do with them but thought for around $1 I could not go wrong.

My grandma was in the hospital. I did not want to buy her flowers because let's face it, they die! I did not want to buy her a nick nack type stuff because she has plenty. I was laying in bed and this idea came to me. It was so easy and a lot of fun.
The start of a great thing! The boys finger painted on large sheets of white paper. The paper cutter came in handy for this project.
Before

I printed off some quotes to add to the back of the cards.
After
The boys finger painted large sheets of paper. I cut the paper down to a size that would cover the words "Thank You". I used regular white glue to adhere the paintings to the cards.
The back of the cards.
The Grandparent quote is on top. I also added a note from the boys to their grandma. I used mailing labels for the message.

Verdict...my Grandma loved these. She has been sick and in and out of the hospital for a month. She said she was in need of some Thank You cards. This was such a fun project to make. Give it a try. You won't regret it!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Great idea! I love it!

Post a Comment