Friday, April 16, 2010

1 Ingredient Ice Cream




Yes, you read that correctly only ONE ingredient. Anyone with a blender and make this creamy ice cream. The only catch is you have to like banana flavored ice cream.

I ran across this in another blog (I wish I could remember the name) and had to try it. Little G has diary allergies and I thought it would be a good alternative to rice ice cream.

Step 1
Cut up a ripe, but not over ripe banana. I would suggest freezing 3 bananas


Step 2
Freeze the banana overnight or for 6 or so hours

Step 3
Blend the frozen banana. You are going to want to add liquid..but don't. It will work. Trust me!

Step 4
Refreeze the blended banana for 3-6 hours. You can stop at this step and serve if you want. It's very similar to soft serve ice cream at this point. If plain banana ice cream does not sound good try adding something to it. I chopped up some left over Easter chocolate and added it to Big G's batch before I refroze it. Add your extra ingredients before refreezing. MmmMmmm I think nuts would be divine! Maybe peanut butter, pretzels, and chocolate!

Step 5
It's time to eat!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

mmm, that sounds really yummy!

Traci said...

Mmmmmmmm! Sounds yummy! Who would think???

Post a Comment