I started making my own wipes when I was not satisfied with the "natural" baby wipes. I use wipes for everything and I hated all of the chemicals that are found in wipes. I knew that there was a better alternative. I found a recipe that I liked and changed it to work for my kiddos. It only takes around 5 minutes start to finish. I love that I can pick products that I am comfortable with using too. The most difficult part of making wipes is cutting the paper towels. I have used many different kinds of knives but found that the electric knife works best. So are you ready?????? Here goes:
- 1 roll of Bounty paper towels (I have read many reviews and found that Bounty works best)
- 1 1/2 cups of WARM water (If your first round of wipes molds I would switch to bottled distilled water)
- 2 tablespoons baby wash (we love California Baby)
- 1 tablespoon baby oil (Burt's Bees smells so good)
- a splash of white vinegar (This is optional. I use it to prevent mold)
- Cut the paper towel into two.
- Mix warm water, baby bath, oil, and vinegar
- Place paper towel into container and pour mixture on top of the paper towel in a circular motion
- Let sit 1 minute.
- Pull out the cardboard center of the paper towel
- Pull paper towel from the center of the roll
I make three rolls at a time. To prevent the wipes from molding I store the rolls that I am not using in the refrigerator.
If you use cloth wipes you can put the solution in a spray bottle and spray your wipes before using them.
I LOVE these wipes. They are the best. I will never go back to buying the store bought kind. I use less wipes and love knowing what is in my kiddo's wipes.
Here is a link to the container that I use. There are four pictured. I use model 0333. I found mine at Target.